Prebid Mobile Overview
A high-level overview of Prebid Mobile, Prebid’s header bidding product for iOS and Android applications.
Benefits and Features
Prebid SDK rendering offers the following benefits:
- Transparent, open source header bidding solution. The single integration point with Prebid Server, enabling direct access to more mobile buyers.
- Monetization without an Ad Server: Publishers who do not have a direct sales force or have no need for an ad server can still access Prebid’s mobile demand stack. Publishers will be able to render ads directly without relying on any 3rd party SDKs.
- Reduced ad delivery latency: The rendering module enables Prebid SDK to render ads immediately when demand is returned from Prebid Server or when receiving the render signal from an ad server. The render process should vastly reduce ad delivery speeds.
- Less infrastructure: The rendering API does not rely on Prebid Server’s Cache server, reducing the cost and utility of Prebid Server Cache.
- Less discrepancy: Having control of the rendering process provides the potential to reduce discrepancy by having ads instantly available (less http calls, less infrastructure, less setup). This control enables the publisher to follow open and transparent industry standards or even potentially custom requirements from buyers.
- Framework support: Full support of SKAdNetworks and similar frameworks
- MRAID 3.0 support
- Flexible Ad Measurement: Controlling the rendering and Open Measurement process allows publishers to potentially configure any measurement provider in a transparent and open source process. Prebid SDK will eventually be IAB Open Measurement certified.
- Ad Server Support: can be integrated in any potential monetization stack.
- Community driven: Being a part of Prebid, there is the ability to add features not readily or easily available either through the Ad Server or other SDKs