Today Prebid announced the release of Professor Prebid, an open source Chrome browser extension which allows for easy debugging and troubleshooting on publisher websites using Prebid.js and streamlines header bidding management.
Professor Prebid provides an intuitive interface that detects when a web page has Prebid.js installed and offers an array of features to help publishers, including the ability to:
- Check all ad units available to Prebid along with what banner sizes it supports and what bidders are participating
- Deep-dive into the bids, including bid value, bid currency, response time, and ad server targeting keywords
- View a detailed timeline of the auction’s main milestones
- Confirm the main Prebid modules and their configurations (Price Granularity, Bidder settings, Prebid Server, CMP, User ID Modules)
- View the user IDs available from the different ID providers on the page
- Access to tools that enable Prebid Debug data on console view, set up manual bid filtering, or do CPM overrides to easily test various bidding scenarios
The development of Professor Prebid was led by the Prebid.org Tools Product Management Committee, a cross-functional team of publishers and ad tech partners working to actively solve issues for Prebid members. Professor Prebid is now available via github for collaborators across the Prebid.org community to leverage and enjoy.