INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICY
Version 1.0 August 7, 2017
The following policy may be changed by the Organization only as allowed in the Bylaws.
- Outbound License. Prebid.js code and related material, including documentation, will be made publicly available under the Apache 2.0 license.
- Web Site. The materials on the Prebid.org web site will be made publicly available under the Apache 2.0 license.
- Contributions. The Organization will accept initial contributions to Prebid.js or future software projects only under the Apache 2.0 license or a corresponding contribution license. As a condition to any other contribution, Contributors will be required to execute and deliver to the Organization either a Corporate Contributor License Agreement or an Individual Contributor License Agreement, as applicable, each of which will be based on The Apache Software Organization’s forms of contributor license agreements, and if the applicable license agreement is not executed and delivered to the Organization, such contribution shall not be contributed.
- Confidentiality. The Organization will accept contributions to Prebid.js and future software projects only on a non-confidential basis.
- Trademark. No Member will claim any exclusive rights in the “Prebid” name or brand. The Organization will engage in reasonable efforts to steward the use of the Prebid name, including any licensing or promotional activities the Organization considers in the interest of the Prebid.js project. All parties may use the “Prebid” name or brand in connection with products or content produced independently of the Organization.
- Patents. Contributors and members will not be required as a condition of membership to disclose any patent ownership. Contributors and members will not be required as a condition of membership to grant any patent rights, except as required by the Apache 2.0 license or contribution agreements described in Section 3 above.