Show Outstream Video Ads
Unlike instream video ads, which require you to have your own video inventory, Outstream video ads can be shown on any web page, even pages that only have text content.
This page has information you’ll need to set up Prebid.js to show outstream video.
Other than using a slightly different ad unit in your Prebid code on the page, you won’t have to make any major engineering changes from a standard Prebid setup.
There should be no changes required on the ad ops side, since the outstream units use the standard Prebid creative, line item targeting setup, etc.
- 1. Set up outstream video slot sizes
- 2. Set up your ad units with the outstream video media type
- 3. Show ads on the page as normal
- Related Topics
- Demand from a bidder adapter that supports the
"video-outstream"media type, and returns a renderer for outstream video in its bid response
- For more technical information about renderers, see the pull request adding the ‘Renderer’ type
1. Set up outstream video slot sizes
In your standard Prebid preamble in the header, configure slot sizes to suit your page layout and/or the available demand for those sizes.
2. Set up your ad units with the outstream video media type
Still in the header, set up your ad units with the
video-outstream media type.
As far as what fields are supported in the
video object, that will depend on the rendering options supported by your preferred bidder adaptor(s). For more information, see Bidders’ Params.
3. Show ads on the page as normal
In the body of the page, insert your ads as usual: