Get Started with Prebid Server
This page has instructions for adding Prebid Server to Prebid.js.
For many publishers, client-side header bidding is a balancing act between the inclusion of demand partners and impact to the page.
Using Prebid Server, you can move demand partners server-side, eliminating most of the latency impact that comes with adding more partners.
This should help you make more money without sacrificing user experience.
Prebid Server is open source!
Prebid Server is an open source project. The source code is hosted under the Prebid organization on Github.
- Step 1. Choose Your Server Host
- Step 2. Download Prebid.js with Prebid Server enabled
- Step 3. Update your site with the new build of Prebid.js
- Step 4. Configure S2S bidder adapters
- Related Topics
Step 1. Choose Your Server Host
If you plan to host Prebid Server on your own server, please skip to Step 2 below. If you do not have your own server, please choose from one of the Prebid.org members below to get started.
- Go to the Prebid Server sign-up page and click the button to sign up.
- Fill out the form details, including your email address.
- When approved, you will receive an email with your assigned
accountId. You will need this for configuring Prebid.js to use Prebid Server.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and proceed to Step 2 below. You do not have to wait for a verification email to get started.
Step 2. Download Prebid.js with Prebid Server enabled
Go to the Prebid.org download page, select all the demand adapters you want to work with, and include “Prebid Server”.
- For example, if you want to use AppNexus, Index Exchange, and Rubicon with Prebid Server, select:
- Index Exchange
- Prebid Server
- Then, click Get Custom Prebid.js and follow the instructions.
Step 3. Update your site with the new build of Prebid.js
Update your site’s hosted copy of Prebid.js to use the new build you just generated. (For example, you may host your copy on your site’s servers or using a CDN such as Fastly or Akamai.)
Step 4. Configure S2S bidder adapters
The Prebid Server settings (defined by the
pbjs.setConfig method) go in the same anonymous function where you define your ad units. This method must be called before
The code in your Prebid configuration block should look something like the following. See the table below the code sample for definitions of the keys in the
Fields in the
||String||X||Prebid Server account ID|
||Boolean||X||Enables S2S; default:
||Array[String]||X||List of bidder codes; must have been enabled during Prebid.js build|
||Number||Bidder timeout, in milliseconds; default:
||String||Adapter code; default:
||String||Will override the default endpoint|
||Integer||Override Prebid Server’s determination of whether the request needs secure assets. Set to
We recommend that users leave
cookieSet enabled since it’s essential for server-to-server header bidding that we have a persistent cookie for improved cookie match rates. If set to
• Prebid.js will not overwrite all links on page to redirect through an AppNexus persistent cookie URL
• Prebid.js will not display a footer message on Safari indicating that AppNexus will be placing cookies on browsers that block 3rd party cookies