Show a Video Ad in a Self-Hosted JW Player
This page is an example of using Prebid Video with a specific player. For a general guide to showing video ads with Prebid.js, see Show Video Ads with DFP.
This page contains:
- Setting up JW Player to dynamically play ads.
- Using a self-hosted player.
- Dynamically insert a preroll ad into JW Player.
- You must have the correct JW Player license that allows you to play advertising.
- For documentation on the different methods of embedding JW Player on your site, see Embedding With JW Player.
- For this example we will be using method 3, a self-hosted player with JW Platform hosted content.
- To see an example using the cloud-hosted player, see Show a Video Ad in a Cloud Hosted JW Player.
- No matter what embedding method you choose to use, you must follow the custom embed instructions. You cannot use the single-line embed.
Click here to view a demo page with this example.
Click Edit in JSFiddle (below) to open the example in a new tab.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
For tips and troublshooting info, see: